Nuffnang

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Is this call URBAN POVERTY (Penang)

I just can't believe my eyes when seeing this happen in front of me...

This happened 2 days before the CNY when i was in Penang. I and my friend went to 'Little India' as my friend wants to change his AUD into RM.

While waiting for him to change the money, i saw a group of women and children came into the money exchange outlet without any talking, but only put their hands out and turn their palms up in front of the person in charge. Without asking any question, that person gives them 10 to 20 cents each, then this group of people left and went to other money exchange outlets to do the same thing (not sure whether they go to other shops which are not money exchange). The whole process takes less than 10 seconds.

I asked myself, did they came and do the same thing everyday? What is going on with Penang? Is this call Urban Poverty?

No comments:

Post a Comment